On 12 March 2019 at a Legalwise Seminar in Perth our Kim Wilson SC, Robyn Hadley and Adam Somerville-Brown gave a presentation to other lawyers on the topic of “How to Arbitrate and Mediate: a Practical Guide”. The areas covered included:
- Requirements to consider alternate avenues of resolution of disputes.
- The merits and misconceptions of arbitration.
- Costs benefit analysis of litigation as against alternate dispute resolution options.
- Step by step guide for arbitration including the arbitration agreement.
- Mediation and practical considerations.
Mediation is a process where a trained person (the Mediator) helps the parties to a dispute, to negotiate a resolution to their dispute. The Mediation Lawyer does this by facilitating discussions, and by assisting the parties to identify issues and concerns and to help them identify and explore options to resolve their dispute.
All of our Family and Divorce Lawyers are qualified to carry out Mediation services and represent you in these sessions.
Kim Wilson SC is also a qualified Arbitrator in family matters and is available to receive instructions to act as an Arbitrator in Family Law matters.
For more information with respect to our Mediation and Arbitration services, please contact our office on 6380 3900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.